Wednesday, January 14, 2009

MY USB CORD IS WORKING!!

I'm participating in Misty Mawn's journal entry a day project for January but my cord hasn't been operating so this is my very first post. It's not exactly pretty but that is kind of what I like about it. This spread was inspired by the book "Women Who Run With Wolves" as were the poems that I wrote on the pages.


FEMALE

Alive- me
A living, breathing creature
Woman
Therefore, I am growing-still.
Feed me
Give me drink
Nurture the dreamer
Encourage the soul
Prune only what has become too heady
Allow me my instinct
For I am most beautiful, when left wild



Shifting gear...This is the painting that Ben gave me for Christmas. I had a hard time getting a decent photograph of it because it's HUGE. It gets different reactions I'm sure, but it reminds me of freedom, isn't that weird? The first time that I laid eyes on it, and every time that I've looked at it since, I think about what life will look like for us if we keep passing law after law in the name of "safety" and "security". Maybe it's just me...

3 comments:

Becky and Stacey said...

OMG I love Misty Mawn! She is my Aprils Fool's Birthday twin! OMG E~ we really must go to Artfest together. It's happening April 1-5. Every year for the past nine years I've said I want to go! I want to go with you sissy!!! xoxo, Stoose

Becky and Stacey said...

Here I am making another comment... This poem is amazing. It pierces my soul! And the painting Ben gave you... I'm so glad you posted it cause I really wanted to see it! Wow, amazing!

pinkglitterfae said...

I found your blog through Misty's page, and started reading it.

From what I see of your painting, it is very powerful! I know what you mean about freedom though, this is exactly what will happen if we let our government get into our lives more and more. It's a scary image.