Wednesday, January 14, 2009

moving right along...

One of my resolutions this year is to make my spiritual life a priority by finding and implementing authentic ways to worship Jesus Christ and reach new levels of sacred intimacy. I’m approaching this relationship like I would that of a lover, I want the lines of communication to be open, I want our love to be both comfortable and fresh but most importantly, I want it to be real.


2008 was parched for me on the spiritual realm. Going through the motions of church life left me feeling void of any real depth of soul. Somehow, somewhere a connection was not happening. I started to feel boxed in and burdened by my beliefs instead of set free by them. Church, as comforting as it can be to be around like minded people at times, can be so milk toast and void of uniqueness or color. How can I have a personal, individual relationship with Christ - that is my own exclusive relationship, in a ‘one size fits all’ environment? I can’t, I need my alone time with The Lord. I need my own stamp, my own personality, my own creativity (or weirdness) or whatever. Anyway, I have always been fascinated by religions and rituals and I have decided to take the things that appeal to me from other religions or denominations and apply them in my own world, creating my own form of worship. I don’t believe that God ever intended us to be a bunch of robots anyway, do you?

4 comments:

Becky and Stacey said...

Ugh! You are so right! You have such a way of putting feelings in to words and these words of yours really speak to my soul. I have felt this way for so long even when I was leading the music at church! Thanks for your amazing in insight. Looking forward to more posts! Big hugs!

Becky and Stacey said...

These pages are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i am swept away with your conviction. love the polestar of sacred intimacy.
thank you for expressing your heart.
xoxo,
rebecca

Deirdra Doan said...

Have you read a book called "Captivating"?
http://www.amazon.com/Captivating-Unveiling-Mystery-Womans-Soul/dp/0785264698

It has been so exciting to me as a woman and an artist....I think you will find some very beautiful things in it...Check it out and read a little on line at the link I sent to see what you think.

Your art is neat very creative. Drawing is just practice! My old art work when I was in Art school is better than my drawing now. I drew everyday then...but I am trying to get it back!
Blessings!!!