Friday, January 23, 2009

Yena'ad Aleik (Happy Birthday)

Supposedly "yena'ad aleik" means happy birthday in Lebanese. Ben took me to celebrate my thirty fifth birthday at my favorite Middle Eastern Restaurant, Mazza. This is my birthday spread. The torn up pieces of paper that I've written on are actually from the craft paper that he wrapped my gift in. And the picture on the left at the bottom, is a photo of the dining area of the restaurant. The typed words above it are the dishes that we ordered, cut from a menu that I printed from the Internet. ...Hummus, Vegetarian Grape Leaves, Lamb & Rice Dolaa, Chicken & Potatoes Mutabbak and of course some delicious Lebanese wine. I had a wonderful time.

2 comments:

collagecafe said...

Oh man does that food sound good! What beautiful pages you've created to commemorate your birthday! Wish I could have been there! xoxo, Stace

Tess Kincaid said...

Happy Birthday!