Tuesday, January 5, 2010

hokay!

My life has been slightly interrupted the last couple of weeks because my car broke down (shocking!). We thought it was just the battery and my brother replaced it only to have the timing belt go out a few days later, in the middle of a snow storm, while driving home from work one night. Jesus, my car (cleverly named by my brothers because it keeps resurrecting from the dead) was kind enough to wait until I was coming onto the off ramp of the freeway. Right when I was giving myself kudos for not having a panic attack while driving in the storm, on the freeway, in the dark - he died. No warning at all. My cell phone battery also died so I trucked the two miles home, on foot, in the snow storm. The strange part? I kind of enjoyed the walk...

On New Year's Eve, Christina took me to get my car out of impound. Yeah, that whole "You have twenty-four hours to get your car off of the road" all lies. Anyway, after that we hung out and ate pizza and watched movies. She also helped me pick out images for this collage project that I'm working on. I got the idea from my sister. She and her best friend collaged a life size mannequin a couple of years ago. One of my resolutions is to improve my vocabulary. I'm making myself flashcards and they really are helping me retain the information more quickly. I'm such a dork.




This is Pascal the Parrot, aka Little Chicken Man. Another resolution is to spend more time handling him. He's a sweet little guy who I know would be an absolute lover if I held him more. He's currently entertaining me by barking like the neighbor's dog.


And now, the lovely purse that Mumsey made! I really dig tartan and red is among my most favorite colors. It is also huge so I can pretty much put my entire life in there.

Finally there is Gisele .... She's on a diet for the new year. She just doesn't know it yet.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Did you get your memory card? I like your new blog! I laughed at the name of your car. Trust those two to come up with that name!

Becky and Stacey said...

You're so luck to have those crazy guys close by. I also love the name of your car! Gisele looks just like Becky's cat Ally. She is such a friendly cat, just like a dog! Anyway... I love reading you blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow what an ordeal! And just in time for New Year's. Well I'm glad that you made it through just fine and even enjoyed that snowy trek through the dark. Brave girl! You're lucky to have brothers who can help you out with this sort of thing.

Pizza and movies and some creativity with a friend is my idea of a perfect, cozy day. I've got a bunch of those pretend dress forms...you know, the half ones that are hollow in the back. I'd found them discarded in front of someone's house and took them home a couple of years ago. I have been intending to collage them since then and have procrastinated it away so far. Good luck with your project. It's going to look awesome when it's done!!

Pascal's a cutie and I'm sure he'd love to have you spend more time with him. Oh and, love that bag your mom made for you!

xoxo
Serena

Anonymous said...

I hate dealing with cars. Hang in there baby sister. I love you so much my Lizzie - you are a gem. I hope 2010 is beautiful for you.