Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 I Like You Already

Wednesday night I met a friend downtown at the library for a poetry reading. This library is one of my favorite places to visit in Salt Lake City. Combine it with poetry and I'm a very happy woman!


We listened to poets who were published in the independent poetry journal, Sugar House Review. It is a semiannual publication of some very talented Utah poets - one of whom I hope to become. I'm definitely going to make an effort to get published this year. I'm excited to learn of another publication highlighting local talent.

Isn't this building impressive? This photo was taken from the east entry of the vestibule. All along the right are shops, including an art gallery and a small deli. On the lefthand side is a coffee shop and the entry into the library which has a total of four levels. Four levels of BOOKS!? That my friends, is a modicum of heaven in my world.

2 comments:

Linda said...

That library is really beautiful. Salt Lake is ROCKIN'. I thinking I'm liking 2010 pretty much so far, too.

Becky and Stacey said...

Wow, it's places like this (and Sugar house of course) that make me think I could live in Utah. Beautiful pics! Can't wait to see your poetry in print my dear!