Sunday, January 10, 2010

A little decadence never hurt anybody

I think of my late grandpa every time I come to this bakery. My grandma use to warm a danish for him in the oven every morning. At least every morning that I was ever there. She would wrap it in tinfoil and stick it in the oven and then call him to the table when it was done. I bought two cheese danishes yesterday and warmed one of them up, just how grandpa liked them, right when I got home.

Caffeine and sugar, mmm...the American way! This morning I was only able to partake in caffeine because I downed the second danish around midnight last night. *sigh* In hindsight I would have only eaten half.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I had totally forgotten that Grandma used to do that for Grandpa. He was such a sweet tooth. Remember the jelly filled donuts? FYI, honey, it's "decadence".

Elizabeth said...

bloody spell checker. I wrote it two different places because I knew it didn't look right! Thanks mumsey!

collagecafe said...

I remember that but don't forget the butter melted on top if you want real decadence!