Sunday, February 1, 2009

And Breathe

Do you ever feel like nobody gets you? Like you're not in sync with the rest of world? I feel like that a lot and especially this past week. Sometimes I grow very weary of trying to explain my perspective or being called weird. Usually I take the whole weird thing as a compliment and the same with being out of sync. I love my individuality, and I like knowing that I do and think things because of what I've read or decided rather than because it's popular and main stream. But still...
When people that are closest to us seem to never really understand where we are coming from, it can be upsetting.

I wrote about all of that here, on pages painted with the color Latte, then covered it with red paint thinned with a little gel medium. I just cut out images that I felt drawn to. I love the topless girl with her jar. She looks vulnerable and confident all at once. Next, I took an oil pastel in blue and scribbled all over and smooshed it around (I think the best part of creating is getting the paint and glue all over your hands!). Then I stamped with gold ink. The last thing that I added was metal leaf. This is the first time I've ever used it and I loved it. I just put some gel medium on a paint brush, dipped it in the bag of leaf and smeared it in random places on the pages.
I finally feel a connection when I journal. It's like coming home.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hello---Maybe no one DOES get you!! hehe. Sometimes I do & sometimes I don't. Hardly anyone ever gets me either--but--I don't care. Love from the Weirdest of the Weird!