Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Poetry Sweet Poetry

Oh how I love poetry. I have been writing it since I can remember. It's always been not only my creative outlet but my psychiatrist as well! Sometimes the internalization of all the different emotions around me becomes so overwhelming that the only way that I can understand what I'm feeling is to describe it in picturesque words. I always thought my writing was just a silly, even irrational, past time until recently. The more poetry that I read the more wondrous it seems. Reading the hearts of men and women who lived decades or even centuries before me is so romantic and surreal. The poets of the past are like immortal lovers whispering perpetual sweet nothings in my ear. I dream of people reading my poetry one hundred years from now and discovering a kindred spirit.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hello Sweetheart! I love your poetic little line with the magnets! That's exactly how I feel about rain. Very nice.
Love Ya, Mom