Friday, April 10, 2009

April = National Poetry Month!

I didn’t even know there was a National Poetry Month. I adore poetry! With the changes that I’m making in my life I wanted to post a poem that somehow reflected that.

Risk

And then the day came,
when the risk to remain
tight in a bud
was more painful
than the risk
it took
to Blossom

By Anais Nin

♥♥

That poem, along with the author being French, reminded me of my latest favorite movie, Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (The Fabulous Destiny of Amelie Poulain) I just call it - Amelie. Amelie is directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (who also directed another one my favorite French films, Delicatessen.) And has a quirky humor and gorgeous cinematography. The colors in the film are rich and vivid and the soundtrack is marvelous. But it’s the story line that reminds me of the poem. You’ll see several characters take seemingly small risks (with Amelie’s help) that literally change their lives. It’s a lovely movie. In fact I just put it in my Netflix queue tonight for the second time. I’m sure I’ll end up purchasing it for my personal DVD collection.

No comments: