Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Discovery

I've recently discovered the fantastic photography of Darren Holmes. He has a dark off center perspective that I seem to be drawn to no matter what the medium. When I look at his photographs my mind begins to open and my emotions are stirred. His creativity provokes creativity and stirs me to think. That is what true art does.


I'm going to alter some of his photos for mixed media collage. There are a couple that I definitely want to use to collage a journal for my poetry. And a couple of more I'd like to hide inside a plethora of images on canvas.

I'll let you know how they turn out. Oh, the anticipation....!!

1 comment:

Becky and Stacey said...

I love your new blog!!! Awesome! So glad I get to read your blog now! I'll add you to my favorites! Love ya!