Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My new passion!

I've started creating art journals. I'm not exactly good at it yet, but I absolutely adore it. It is such a wonderful escape for me. It reminds me that I'm alive, that I have dreams and passions. You should try it!


I use a leather journal that my parents (Jay & Linda) gave me for Christmas. I had written on a few pages but it covers easily with dark enough paint. I also took decoupage and glued the pages together. This made them more like construction paper, especially with the paint on them. I'm working up the boldness to actually draw some things myself. But for now I'm doing mixed media collage. This is the last entry that I've completed. I'm going to write a poem on the opposite side. The words "Let the lover be" are from a Rumi poem. His poetry is so beautiful...



Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absentminded. Someone sober will worry about things going badly. Let the lover be.~Rumi

1 comment:

Becky and Stacey said...

Absolutely beautiful! I want to see more, more! You are inspiring me so much! Thanks! Love you sister!