Monday, December 8, 2008

This is the little tree outside of my kitchen door. It's been snowing today. The camera picked up some of the flurries but not all of them. I think that snow is beautiful.

I made stir fry for dinner tonight (those are tomatoes). I actually remembered to wear the cute apron that my mom made me for Christmas last year. Except I didn't think to take a picture of it.

I'm a messy cook. Who am I kidding? I'm a messy person in general. I'm going to work at being more organized in 2009.

Sitting down to blog. I read over my last posts and they seem forced, almost canned. I need to learn how to put my guard down and be vulnerable. I'm thirty four and I still struggle to find my own voice. I wonder if anybody else feels this way?...

5 comments:

leonie.wise said...

yep, i feel that way.
on pretty much a daily basis.

Joan said...

Sometimes blogging is difficult because we envision an 'audience'... (at least I do)
I have found that as vulnerable as it may make me feel, if we blog as if we are having a conversation with a lover... it ends up being much more personal, more of our heart than our head.
But I'm almost 50 (cripes) and I still suffer with the deeper parts of myself :)

I love your necklace, and your messy kitchen too!
Oh, and welcome to December Views!!

breathe as me said...

i think most everyone feels that way...i think the awareness of when it doesn't feel authentic is the first key...and realizing that we are always ourselves, really...the harder part is accepting ourselves...

being organized is overrated :)

i LOVE the snow, and don't live in an area where it snows...so i especially appreciate when others share their gorgeous photos...thank you so much for sharing your flurries...

yum...your dinner looks really good.

d smith kaich jones said...

Like Joanne, I live where we very, very seldom get snow. I LOVE your tree photo - gorgeous!

:) Debi

Becky and Stacey said...

I think you are definitely finding your voice on here sis! I love your photos and writings!