Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sooo...I bought myself a Christmas present.


I believe that when I see, hear, or read something three or more times consecutively, then it's meant for me. I think that this is one of the many ways that our Creator speaks to us.

Well, this has been happening to me all week with either the words "Let go" or "Letting Go". I keep seeing them, reading them, even dreaming them! The words just seem to be everywhere. So when I saw this little hand stamped necklace I had to have it. I went back and forth with myself trying to decide if I should buy it. I envisioned wearing it and reaching up and running my fingers over the engraving every time a bad memory, perceived insult, desire to control something or the pressure to be perfect came over me. The peace that my soul felt, just imagining that, sealed the deal. This little baby will be hanging around my neck in 5-7 days!

I like the idea of taking words or a word and making them my own. Words are so powerful. When spoken they act like seed being planted into our hearts and minds. This next year I really want to work at making sure that I'm speaking life into myself and into others. I want the right seed to be taking root. (Anybody who knows me at all knows the challenge that I've just set before myself. Sarcasm is my oldest friend!)

If you're interested in getting your own necklace or one for a loved one, check out Stacy's website
http://www.bellawish.com/ She also takes custom orders.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

daisies said...

i have this same necklace from my lovely friend stacy :) it also spoke to me on many levels and the words 'let go' are a reminder of letting gentleness into my life :)