Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturdays are for junk shopping

Christina picked me up yesterday morning and we went to breakfast at my favorite breakfast restaurant, The Park Cafe. They make the best Huevos Rancheros I have ever eaten. Homemade black beans and the tastiest breakfast potatoes in the state.

Afterward we went junk shopping! We hit a couple of places but abode was the first. This little place is right up the street from me. We are literally on the same street. I could walk there in about 10 minutes or less. It's small but it is packed full of treasures and the owner Mariam is so friendly and welcoming.


I found this polka dot bulletin board there and had to get it. I've been meaning to move my red desk from the living room to the entryway and the new board gave me incentive. I can finally mark at least one decorating task off of my list. Next I'm painting the desk black and then distressing it.

The brothers came over later in the afternoon and worked on my car. I made a scrumptious dinner and salad (sorry Stacey, no pictures of the food). We all ate, drank wine and laughed for the rest of the evening. Good times.

5 comments:

Linda said...

OMG! Sure---wait til I move, & then turn into "junker me". Better late than never! Sounds like you had lots of fun, including time with "the brothers". Love your new bulletin board!

Anonymous said...

That looks really cute. There was an estate sale across the street from me and I found a great antique mirror yesterday. Not sure where I'm going to put it yet, but I fell in love with it.

collagecafe said...

I loved going to Abode with you when I was there! Love your bulletin board! What did you end up making for dinner with your salad? If you tell me I'll imagine a picture of it in my head! Yum! lol!

Linda said...

"Tell me about the food, George", come on, tell me."

Tiffany Conner said...

i love the park cafe! ben and i used to go there all the time. i like the polka dot bulliten board too. sounds like a great day.