Saturday, January 23, 2010

birthday LOVE

I had an impromptu birthday celebration on Wednesday night. Three of my girlfriends and I met downtown at Eva's for dinner. (Christina & Shae)



We ordered and shared several different tapas plates while listening to my new favorite local musician, David Williams. A couple of us had been wanting to try this restaurant for awhile and finding out that David plays on Wednesday nights sealed the deal. At least it did for me!

(me - apparently I looked as tired as I felt.)

I was completely surprised by this gift from Christina and Steph. Christina knew this was one of my favorite of Steph's photographs and Steph framed it and even presented it with a bow. Which she kindly retied so that I could take this picture. I want to fill the wall of the entryway with nice photographs. Now I have a starting point.My friend Natali couldn't make it to dinner but she had this work of art waiting for me at the coffee shop. It's "The Hermit" from the tarot. She chose it because I'm a little homebody. Her friend wood burned it and then painted it. The detail she uses is amazing.
What a wonderful birthday! I felt so appreciated and loved.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like a good time. I like your presents. Love ya

Becky and Stacey said...

Wish I could have been there! What sweet friends! I love the hermit. The details are so cool. And the photo is very urban and funky. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!Hope you enjoyed the day!

Tiffany Conner said...

sounds like the perfect celebration :)
you look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That photo looks like it was of the place we went to in your neighborhood when we ate the mushrooms for an afternoon snack - is it? How did you like the tapas?

Elizabeth said...

The tapas were really tastey. I'm not sure where this photo was taken Toni, I'll have to ask Steph. I don't think it is the same place though because that little joint is white and red. It reminded me of the same thing when I first saw it though.