Sunday, May 31, 2009

thee poetess is learning to paint

Last night it was so beautiful outside that I took my supplies out onto my back steps and painted while I listened to music by 'Wovenhand'. It's a CD that Ben brought by a few weeks ago that I can't get enough of, especially when I'm creating something. The lyrics are like prayers & the music is dark and mystical, it's fabulous!

It's difficult to capture the effects of the different layers by photograph and it's my first time drawing a 'real life' looking person. I don't think I did too badly. I'm actually kind of proud of the lips, even though they are a bit uneven.

♥~♥
I feel so small
inside of myself
as if I'm beginning
to disappear
watching
from the outside
looking in
a fly
on my own wall
~E~
♥~♥

2 comments:

rebecca said...

it is a wonderful experience...witnessing your progression.
and i LOVE your new banner...beautiful photo.

thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

I like the new banner! and the painting is great I would say it is a great first time try!!
Melissa