Sunday, May 10, 2009

I live for these kind of weekends!

This weekend was lazy in the 'real world' sense. I did nothing but indulge my artist all weekend long. I read and wrote poetry, had a massage and lounged at a coffee shop drinking tea and reading my novel. I went to the library and looked through art books & read about people and issues that I'm passionate about. I actually played and wrote in my art journal, something that I haven't done in awhile. And I watched movies that inspired me artistically; An Angel at My Table - about awarding winning poet Janet Frame and Frida - about Frida Kahlo of course. Both of these movies liberated me somehow... I don't know how to explain. I've always been eccentric and known that I was. But somehow overnight, I'm truly alright with it for the first time ever in my life. It's OK if I don't conform. I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want be my own person.

No comments: